|| Posted 3rd Jan 2006 11:21am||
Post 186 / 2126
| Try these following Steps before you attempt to take the DVD-RW drive back to the shop.
1) Double check the IDE cables or USB cable and make sure its connected properly.
2) Check the pins on the back of the DVD drive for the IDE cable, and make sure there is no bent ones.
3) (You say that when you explore the DVD drive with an CD in it) If Windows says that Explorer has encounted an error and needs to shut down, Send an error report to microsoft (If enabled) to see if theres any other issues involving your same issue.
4) Make sure that the Latest drivers are installed for your device. If it is still showing the same problem, try uninstalling the DVD drive, Reboot and see if Windows will automatically install your device. (CD may be required if SP2 is not installed)
5) If you are suffering the same problem as I am, where your games and programs don't install, Take a sledge hammer to your computer and buy a new motherboard .